Airships: Conquer the Skies
After a protracted beta, Airships version 9.2.4 is out, replacing the old multiplayer system.
- Rewrote network code to be faster and more reliable. The new network system connects to a separate server, and the old one will be shut down in a while.
- Reintroduced the multiplayer overlay. You can now seamlessly chat with other players in the multiplayer lobby while playing single-player games, designing ships, and so on.
- Timestamps for messages.
- Recent chat history when logging into the multiplayer lobby.
- Combat playback speed adjusts dynamically to keep the game running smoothly and lag at acceptable levels.
- The game now runs in the background, so you should be able to alt-tab away and have multiplayer chat, etc continue working.
- Prevented undo handling from eating up all the RAM and crashing the game.
- Fixed issue where ships would be non-loadable when they were made with a mod that uses custom bonuses.
- Prettier Suspendium chambers.
- Game stutters way less after big explosions.