It brings the following improvements:
- Unified interface for editing ships, combat, combat layout, etc.
- Random, destructible terrain with floating rocks.
- A simple espionage mechanic that lets you see enemy cities and sabotage them.
- Two new weapons: a short-range flamethrower that's very effective against lightly armoured targets, and a long-range Suspendium cannon.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
As detailed in the plan, the next major release is going to be about boarding combat and related things.
HMS Golem making good use of its flamethrower.
Closeup of a heavy cannon salvo.
HMS Undead, armed with a Suspendium cannon, a floating rock below her.
Weaken enemy defences through spy actions.
Being horrible with grenades.