Airships: Conquer the Skies
16 Jun 2016, 7:11 p.m.
Airships version 8.2 is out, with a massive list of improvements, such as aerial torpedoes, a prettier map, more interesting strategic conquest, and new translations. More on the details of some of these later - for now, enjoy the improved game.
- Chinese and Japanese translations!
- Aerial torpedoes: devastating but slow-moving and with a limited field of fire and a minimum range.
- Ship paint that adapts to the coat of arms of the ship's owner.
- Hold fire command.
- Explosion damage overlay in ship editor.
- Doubled the width of the combat map and increased ships' service ceiling by a third.
- Can drag the right mouse button to pick up multiple modules in the editor.
- The strategic AI now aborts attacks and reinforces its cities when needed. If an attack on a city fails, it will build up its fleet, so the next attack will be stronger.
- Can place multiple ships of the same type in one go during combat setup.
- Can now press X to flip the selected module.
- File screen now remembers your filter and sort settings and indicates when items have been filtered out.
- Quarter-speed option for combat.
- Weapon targeting no longer picks target tiles that are too well-armoured to damage.
- Ships try harder to target enemies that are close enough to hit.
- Can choose higher cost limits for multiplayer combat
- though note this may do bad things to performance.
- Can now mod the music used by the game.
- Airships now automatically specify what mods they use in their description.
- You can now add tags to mods and ships in Steam.
- Incremented save version. Saves in 8.2 are incompatible with earlier versions because the size of the combat area has changed.
- Cities in strategic mode generally have a bit more money, leading to bigger ships faster.
- You can no longer go into debt in strategic mode, but you can't move fleets while you have no money, and you are more susceptible to enemy spy actions.
- Buildings are now 20% cheaper to build and 30% cheaper to maintain.
- Increased deck gun reload from 1.8 seconds to 2.4 seconds, and increased accuracy by 20%.
- Increased dorsal turret and ventral turret accuracy by 20%.
- Decreased saw blade cost from $80 to $50.
- Increased gatling gun reload from 96 ms to 125 ms.
- Increased heavy cannon damage from 120 piercing to 150 piercing and reload from 7 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Increased suspendium cannon damage from 55 piercing to 75 piercing, reload from 3.5 seconds to 4 seconds, and accuracy by 20%.
- Increased brick wall damage absorption from 0 piercing, 0 blast to 2 piercing, 1 blast.
- Increased stone wall damage absorption from 1 piercing, 1 blast to 3 piercing, 2 blast.
- Increased massive stone wall damage absorption from 2 piercing, 2 blast to 4 piercing, 4 blast.
- Decreased cannon fire arc from 90 degrees to 70 degrees, and increased accuracy by 20%.
- Increased rocket fire arc from 180 degrees to 210 degrees, and increased accuracy by 30%.
- Increased rifle reload from 1 second to 1.3 seconds.
- Increased guard HP from 6 to 7 and damage range from 1-7 to 2-8, and increased number of guards from a guard barracks from 3 to 4.
- Combat performance improvements.
- Landships no longer randomly stop moving because they're afraid they'd collide with their own feet.
- Refitting a ship now centers on it properly.
- The AI in conquest mode now actually has affinities for different styles of ship.
- Scrolling no longer causes random clicks in Linux.
- Fixed a bug where the info panel in the ships screen would report the wrong price.
- Fixed world generation crash.
- Fixed a crash caused by modding crew members.
- Correct bonuses now applied when loading a ship into the editor.
- Prettier, tidier maps.
- Prettier, tidier fleet list.
- Made ship colours look better.
- Fixed blurry rendering of legs and tracks in the load/save ship screen.
- Fixed secret police text overlapping with bonus text in strategic screen.
- Crew walking on top of a ship no longer flicker.
- Legs are now split into ones in front of and behind the ship, and rendered accordingly.
- Better-looking explosions for exploding weapons.
- Shots can now be animated, and are lit using the lighting engine like everything else.